Friday, March 29, 2013

Mini Folder Lap Desk - Graphic 45 Birdsong

Hey Crafty Peeps,

I have wanted to create using the G45 Birdsong collection for quite a while.  I have a project in progress that is not working out as I would like, so, I put that on hold and decided to do this instead.  I am not an architect or engineer, etc., and the engineer to whom I am married, insists that I use my brain and work these things out for myself.  So after approaching this project the long way, I looked at my final project and realized that all I really needed to do was use the double dutch fold layout and simply bump up the size and add the spines.  Oh well....(sigh)!  I am thinking about adding a stamp holder and a place for post it notes.

The front of the folder is covered with clear contact paper. The stamps and cut outs  are beneath the contact paper.  The chipboard embellishments are on top of the contact paper.



 I had fun creating my little notebook.  I didn't want to use chipboard on the back of my black card stock, so I cut up a brown folder and used that.  The color is a better match for the collection.  The big metal embellishment is an ear ring.  I don't know why I both these earrings, they are so NOT ME, but makes a nice embellishment.

I cut regular notebook paper down to the size I needed. It is lined, but the lines don't show up here.

I am working on my share video for youtube.  There are a lot of construction pictures! :D)  Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana

10 comments:

  1. What a brilliant project, Chana! I don't know where to start with my compliments on this amazing creation! It's a truly wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, thanks, Carla! You know how much I respect you as a designer, so coming from you the compliment means so much!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous Chana! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chana, this is absolutely fantastic! Love, love, love it! I've been eyeing that paper, it is really pretty.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Hope you have a wonderful Easter if I don't talk to you before then!

    Hugs,

    - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous! love the asian influence. A wonderful project. Thanks for joining our AG challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
    Tammy DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness me!! Chana, this is AMAZING! What a fantastic project! So much work and detail has gone into this and it really shows! Love it :) P.S. I absolutely thought I was already following you - for some reason I wasn't ..... but I am now :) lol
    Hugs, Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely love your work you have done here
    thank you so much for sharing it at Creative Corner Challenges this week
    Love Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Did you make the whole folder or just cover it? I'm very impressed it is beautiful.
    Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge. Hope to see you soon. Be sure to stop by in May as we have a few NEW things up our sleeves!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome project, love the papers and how you made your box. Great embellishments and the earring are perfect! =)
    I need to look for this set!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana