Sunday, December 14, 2014

BUBBIE'S INCREDIBLY UGLY SWEATER!!


Good Morning, Crafty Peeps!
A few weeks ago, while gathering items for a local charity that provides assistance to battered women and their children, I came across a box labled Goodwill Donation (uh, oh!) Inside I found mostly sweaters, sweater skirts, and sweater dresses (must have been popular back in the 80's.)
 Buried at the bottom was 
THE UGLY SWEATER!



At any other point in my life, I would have put it back into the box and sent it on it's way.  But, what I saw as I held up this garment, was a source of embellishments for some great design, somewhere in my creative future.  I was contemplating how to remove the stones when my husband came into the garage and said, "Good Lord, woman, are you actually thinking of wearing that!
Did we get invited to an Ugly Sweater party?"

Frankly, I cannot imagine EVER wearing this sweater, but my husband fished through some old photos and sure enough, I wore this UGLY SWEATER with a nice pair of slacks to a holiday party.  In the context of the picture and the year, I was fashionably dressed. 

I have yet to remove the beads from the sweater.  I may just fold it up and put it in a drawer.  When my grandkids are older, they may want to see and touch "Bubbie's Incredible Ugly Sweater."

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana

6 comments:

  1. Lol Chana, actually it is still very Bohemian and with it in my view, but then I am a very old fashioned lady. It is very Bohemian chic for its time.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, now that I think about it, Bohemian is the "it" thing right now! :D) It probably would have been okay in the "Indie" movement, too!
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete
  2. Oh, we all had one, girlfriend...and we all thought we were so stylish! Thanks for the smile today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah! You couldn't tell us we weren't sharp! :D)
      Hugz,

      Delete
  3. LOL. Oh my word. This sweater is FABULOUS, Chana. You must keep it as is and pull it our every once in a while for a good smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hate to give up all those fake pearls, but even my hubby thinks I should keep it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana