Monday, December 15, 2014

THE OUTLAWZ GREETINGS CHALLENGE - IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

It has been a while since I posted a challenge for my team at The Outlawz!   
This week, the Monday Greetings Design Team challenges you to create a project using music as the central theme.   I chose to ues Our Daily Bread Designs' rubber stamp: "It Is Well With My Soul" 

Creating my own "burlap panels" is my newest crafting adventure and the pages of my little "crafty ideas" are full of design "hints".  This was quick and fun.  Hope you like it.

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL
For this collage, I covered a medium weight piece of chipboard with burlap paper.  I applied several coats of Gesso and then spritzed the dried surface with Dylusion Ink Spray and Andirondaks Alcohol Ink.  I stamped on the dried surface and then sprayed with Aleene's Matte Sealant. 
To get a good impression on the burlap panel, make sure your pad is well inked.

The Cabinet Frame was using corrugated cardboard.  The debossed area around the frame was colored with smooch and luminArte, Then mounted onto the burlap panel.

I fabricated a block using chipboard and corrugated cardboard.

I covered my block with a piece of Canvas Corp Brands Canvas and inked the edges with TH Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  I also used VP to ink the edges of my burlap panel.

I look forward to seeing your creation in the Outlawz Challenge.  
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah Harris

Challenges Entered:

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely Blog you have Chana. This creation is lovely. Thanks so much for stopping by my Blog today with such a lovely comment. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy! I really like your work and look forward to seeing more in the coming weeks!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love the chunky base you created with chipboard and cardboard...so clever! And these are definitely "my colors". So wondrously vintage and dimensional! I love the way you use product! One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathy!
      Thanks for the kind words. This was fun to make and has so much meaning for me right now!
      Hugz,
      Chama

      Delete
  4. wow! this is fabulous! I love the textures and the layers, great colors! Very well done! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Use Your Stuff and don't forget about our DT call! http://useyourstuff.blogspot.ca/2014/12/its-dt-call.html
    Tammy DT 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tampatha, I appreciate the kind worlds. I plan to become a regular player of your challenge!
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana