Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Gift Card Tag - Shopping Our Stash Challenge #227 Howdy Partner!


Hello, Crafty Peeps!
 Shopping Our Stash would love to see your Western Themed Creations!

 (Western (US) theme -- (horses, cowboy, cowboy boots, Native Indians)


Howdy Partner - Gift Card Tag

  My birthday is on the 20th, so naturally GIFTS are on my mind! 
When I started this project, the only thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to use faux wood paper to cover the tag.  I spent about twenty minutes going through my paper pads and scraps (whew), before I found the papers I though would work best together. 

Forgive the coloring!  My nibs were mostly dry.  It has been a long time!
  Another 15 minutes was consumed in looking through my ephemera.  Finally, I decided to use the bottom edge of a piece of 6"x 6" paper. The grouping was nice and established the color theme for the tag!  The rest was easy peasy.  I used a Sizzix rub on for the face!


Supplies Used:
Tag:  I traced the shape of a  G45 Regular tag album onto a sheet of faux wood dp from MME's Pretty Things. I applied one coat of gesso and one coat of varnish.  Looks like real wood!

Image:  Prima Doll (Becky), I used Sizzix's Dress Up Faces Rub On to add a face.  The paper pieced clothing is from MME's  Lost and Found3  "Oliver."

Paints:  Ann Butler Designs™Iridescents : Lagoon and Sheer Silver



2 comments:

  1. I really like the blue & brown color combination. And, um, a rub-on face? Never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag with some great texture.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana