Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Cute Mason Jar Makerover

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
I recently have found myself fascinated with up-cycling bottles!  I get such a kick out of mixing crazy paint colors with crackle and glue.  I am never sure of the result but so far I have not been disappointed with any of my outcomes.

For this little mason jar makeover, I decided to just do something simple for my SIL's fabulous blue and white kitchen.  We will fill the jar with more of her brother's "family&friends" famous J.R.'s All Purpose Rub!
I wish the photo showed the sparkle of the glass beads around the cuff of the jar.  The matte finish of the Paint gives the jar a real vintage look and feel!
I totally forgot that the color of my lid insert would alter the color of the glass bead on top.    I used Rub n' Buff® wax "Pewter" to alter the color of the mason jar lid.  Around the top of the cap, I used Inka Gold Hematite for more contrast between the lid lip and the lid insert.

This was a fast, fun, and simple project!  Hope you will make your own Mason Jar project and share with me at "A Place To Start" and/or my monthly challenge blog 613 Avenue Create!

THANKS FOR VISITING!
HUGZ
CHANA MALKAH!

1 comment:

  1. This is really neat, Chana. Love the vintage look to it and the colors are wonderful.

    You have inspired me. I think I will try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana